Wednesday, July 2, 2008

things i have learned and things i cant

1) Good lord I need to learn when to stop drinking.

2) I need to learn how to effectively bite my tongue.

3) I can keep a grudge for a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy long time when someone does the slightest thing to me directly.

4) I dont know how to stop being friends with someone when they havent done anything directly to me. Even when they have hurt my friends. Even when people I trust (but who hate said person) have innumerable stories about how this person may in fact actually be a bad person. In the true sense of the word bad. Even when my continuing acquaintance (honestly, is that how you spell that? seems like too many a's) with said person endangers my actual friendships with other people.

So I guess my questions are? Is it fair to require friends to have or not have other friendships? Is it fair to require friends to not stand up for friends in their absence? Is it fair to stop being friends with someone based on how another person perceives (truely or falsely) that person's actions without having first hand experience? How do you stop being friends with someone? Do you just stop talking to them, ignoring them? Or do you actually say "I am not going to be friends with you anymore"? And lastly, is this really a Tuesday happy hour/night discussion?

2 comments:

nicole said...

thats a tough one. i dont know how to stop being friends with someone. in this day and age maybe you could just send them an email, a cheesy, selfish way to end it :) or even better, text them: we r not friends ne more cuz ur bad.

joey said...

I heard it's easiest done when you just ignore them completely.