Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Mutt Day!

35 minutes and I am so out of here! Yay! I promise to think about maybe posting while I am away. Maybe.

Last night we got Greek Lady for dinner and I made Walnut Mushroom Pate (substituting sage for tarragon) from the Veganomicon. I also made pesto with basil (from the garden), thai basil (from the garden), chives (from the garden), mint, oregano (from the garden), hot cherry pepper spread and toasted pine nuts. Those are both for boat happy hours. God I hope they make it through security.

Pretty boring night all in all. We packed, I cut Matty's hair, we finished watching the first disc of Season 3 of the Office.

Today is the last day of working with Peffin, the mosue tech and only other person working on L1s in my lab. When I come back, she will be gone and I will be alone. And I will be doing both of our jobs since she is not being replaced. Yay! I am so excited. Really. I am very happy about this arrangement. Because really, I didnt think I was doing nearly enough grunt work. And who doesnt like dealing with a smelly mouse colony?

Of course what is ACTUALLY good about the whole thing is that the reason today is our last day together is because after work today I am officially on vacation until the 10th! Yay! So the current plan is to leave at first light tomorrow morning and head to Cuttyhunk and spend the afternoon/evening/night there. Then Saturday head over to Onset. Sunday we go through the canal and head over to Provincetown. We will stay there until Wednesday and then head to Gloucester. We will be there until at least Friday. At some point Saturday or Sunday someone will get us from wherever we are and either bring us to the family beach house in Salisbury or to the Manchester airport. Sunday we fly home. Sigh. So excited!

Last puzzle for a bit.
Brad set out in a motorboat at 2 pm on Saturday with enough fuel for two days. He arrived at 2pm on Sunday with an empty tank. With no supernatural or weather phenomena, what happened?

Oh, while I am gone, could someone please get to the bottom of the Montauk Monster thing, cuz it kinda freaks me out. Awesome.

1 comment:

Beta said...

Wow, that vacation sounds delicious. Hi to your parents!!!
Bye to Peffin.