Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy National Cheer Up The Lonely Day

So just a quick update. My grandfather's angiograms came back clean. Which is good. But that means they have no idea where the bleeding came from. So that kinda sucks. But hopefully they would have found something important. So they are sending him home. Or possibly to a rehab place for a few days to get his strength back.

Last night we had pan fried polenta with leftover sauce and sausage and peppers.

So following last Thursday night Matty has decided to take a hiatus from drinking. He does this periodically. Instead of just learning to drink less or more responsibly or whatever his goal is, he just stops drinking for an indeterminate amount of time. Which is awkward. Because we usually get to see our friends during the week at happy hours. Which might in fact mean we or our friends have problems, but whatever. Now I dont like drinking if Matty is there but isnt drinking because I get really self conscious. And I dont like going to happy hour and not drinking. I mean it is happy hour. I swear to god we are not alcoholics. Really. So far this week we have passed on two oppurtunities to go out with two separate groups of friends. I assume we will once again tonight. And last weekend every drink I had I felt bad about at my own barbecue. Now I am all for Matty drinking less, on occasion. But I do not want him to stop drinking. And I dont think that he drinks too much on all, or even most occasions. But it seems like he is all into this whole all or nothing thing. So I either need to get over it and 1) be perfectly happy not drinking those extra calories and be happy sitting in a bar drinking water or 2) learn to drink without him or 3) wait it out. But I dont see why I need to change because HE thinks HE has a problem and this is the best way to fix it. Which is totally selfish and shit. I know. But that's how I feel at the moment. It is kinda like his dessert thing. He refuses to have anything "desserty" except on Sundays. Which is fine, whatever he lost like 3/4 of his body weight, great. Except that sometimes, there are times when I think there should be an exception. Like if his birthday is on a Saturday and his mother bakes him a cake. He should have a piece. Or if someone comes to dinner and brings Miel Patisserie tarts that cost god knows how much or a Thursday, have some. It is polite. Ok, now I am ranting.

Find the word int he bottom row that best completes the following sequence"
STAND ABSENT EFFORT NOTICE _____
a) ARMY b) AGAINST c) DELAY d) FORGET

1 comment:

nicole said...

tell matty he WILL have cake at my childs birthday party. i DO NOT want left overs to sit my fridge the entire following week :)