Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Cousin's Day

I am not really sure how I feel about Cousin's Day.

Last night we went to Mexican Post for Sips with Dan and one of his friends from work. It was a good time. Very different from most Sips in that it wasnt full and they do Sips at the tables instead of just at the bar. No free food but cheap Mexican Pizza and beef or chicken tacos. $4 margaritas (serviceable basic mix), $2 Dos Equis. So we had a good time.

On the way home I mentioned to Matty that they were having a big festival in Chinatown on the 8th. Figuring that he would know that the 8th, being 8-8-08 is the Opening ceremonies for the Olympics which he didnt. And announced that not only did he not know about the Olympics, he didnt give a shit about the Olympics. To which I was a little . . . surprised? Since he does know all the details of Christian Bale being arrested in London. And this is a pretty politically, news and social awareness-charged Olympics this year. With the riots in Tibet, the protests surrounding the torch running, world leaders boycotting and threatening to boycott the Opening Ceremonies, now Iraq being banned, the original organizers of the Opening ceremonies including Steven Spielberg dropping out because of Darfur, the earthquake, schemes try to clean up the air, even changing the weather! It is kinda a big thing this year. I dont care about the actual events. The only reason I know who is in most of them is because I watch the Today Show in the morning. But to completely ignore them and be totally oblivious even though he says he attempts to stay abreast of what is going on in the world. I was just confused I guess. And I had been drinking and I guess I pushed too far. And so Matty ddint really speak to me the rest of the night. So that was fun.

We made nachos with the leftover enchilada sauce and some guac for dinner and watched Undeclared and Runway. So far I am pretty happy with who has been thrown off.

1 comment:

nicole said...

even if i dont care too much abouthte olympics i do know that they are 8/8/08. and i love htem only becasue it is the ONLY time EVERY american is on the same side. EVERY AMERICAN is rooting for the same person. that never happens and i think it is special. :) i am a dork