Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Tapioca Pudding Day!

So do you all know that most of my titles are links? I realized yesterday that at least for me, they look the same as other titles. So I thought maybe some of you dont know? Well, now you do. Click on my titles because most of them are links!

So I got a bill (hopefully the last) from KCI, the wound-vac company. Apparently I forgot to pay my last bill. Ooops. So they want me to send them a check. I dont use checks. Who uses checks anymore? So they have a number to pay by credit card. I might as well get Southwest points for the bill right? So I call the number and the first person:
Me: "Hello, I have a bill which I would like to pay."
KCI1:"What kind of bill?"
Me:"A bill from KCI? . . . . . . Hello?"
And I get transferred, apparently.
Me: "Hello, I have a bill which I would like to pay."
KCI2:"I dont do that."
Me:"Ok, did I call the wrong number?"
KCI2:"I will transfer you."
Ok . . . .
Me: "Hello, I have a bill which I would like to pay."
KCI3:"Are you a provider?"
Me:"No, a patient."
KCI3:"Please hold."
Okkkk . . .
KCIcomputer:"We are unable to take your call at this time, please call back."
Why would they list that number ON the bill saying "If you want to pay by credit card, please call x?" I mean, has no one ever actually called that number to pay by credit card before? So I tried again today, got transferred twice and was then told to leave a message. What the fuck?

Last night I decided to make Indian. So we had Black-eyed Peas in a Spicy Goan Curry (a black-eyed pea stew) and Crunchy Cucumber Salad with Crushed Peanuts (to use some of our homegrown cucumbers). The stew had onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, cumin, coriander, the peas obviously, tomato, coconut milk, cilantro and lemon juice. It was very good. We had some issues with the coconut milk though. I do not use a lot of coconut milk because I am not a huge coconut fan. But I dont mind if it isnt too much. So the first can we bought was dented so Matty couldnt open it. So he just punched holes in the top. And the top of the milk was solid. Like . . . lard I guess? But we couldnt mix it up (and werent sure if we wanted to) because we couldnt get the lid off. So Matty ran to the store, luckily only 2 blocks away and bought another can. This one was also solid on top. We mixed it up as best we could and used it. Is this normal? Do we just not know anything about coconut milk? I have bought it before and it was liquid. Like milk. Soooo . . . yeah. But anyway the stew was very good. The salad had cucumber (obviously), serrano (also from the garden), peanuts, lemon juice, salt, sugar, cayenne and then a mustard seed tadka. It was also very good. Nice and fresh with a little kick.

A statement about someone's smarts is coiled in the grid below. To spell it out, start with an "S" and move to an adjacent letter in any direction. All but two letters will be used. All others will be used exactly once. The enumeration is 3'1 3 6 3 5 2 1 5 4
F R E C H A P
N E N H A Y P
O R F F O M E
S E Y R T A L
S H S H O X X

1 comment:

nicole said...

she's one french fry short of a happy meal. cute. i like those puzzles.

i hate calling places to get stuff done and the people on the other end have no idea what to do. i have a collection account on my credit report from verizon. i paid my $500 like 2.5 years ago but it still says i owe $250. so i spent an hour on the phone with them one day and finally some nice lady told me that i has $23 left to pay but then a year later they added $220 to my outstanding debt...that shouldve been paid off. what? she didnt know why or what to do and no one else did either. its still notresolved b/c i hate being transfered from one idiot to the next.