Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Sugar Cookie Day!

So a quick bit of update. Last night we made a pizza with some leftover sausage quick sauce and leftover turkey, salami and proscuitto.

My grandfather was bumped from having his cerebral and lumbar angiograms yesterday. Too many people having heart attacks in Boston apparently. Hopefully he will have them done today. So in addition to the blood they found around his brain, he also apparently has a pocket of blood at the base of his spine. So when they did the spinal tap, there was blood in the CSF. And they are trying to figure out where all this blood is coming from. My parents went up to see him and my mom said he looks good. A bit bored. His headache has lessened a bit and his back and leg pains are down to more dull throbbing than stabbing. My grandmother is getting him up and walking which is good. He has been in a hospital bed now for 3 and a half weeks. He does not seem to listen to doctors. Dont know why. But so whenver they tell him anything he ignores it, so he cant really tell anyone what is going on. But otherwise he is eating fine. He likes the food from the visitor cafeteria better than what they feed him, so he makes my grandmother bring him dinner every night from there. They have ice cream. His favorite. He is trying to work through the 12 flavors they have. So yeah. That is all on that.

For matters of privacy I will only say that I have another friend with a close relative in a hospital in bad shape and I am worrying about him too. You know who you are. You know you can ask for anything. Especially dinner.

Oh and to explain the most recent poll. On the sidewalk of the South Street bridge there is a giant pile of horse-shit that I get to walk around twice a day. And so I was wondering what was correct horse etiquette. I always say that the only things on the sidewalks should be pedestrians (and their dogs), wheelchairs and strollers. Granny carts. Maybe runners. No roller skates. No rollerblades. No bikes. But what about horses? I mean does it fall into the same category as dog or bike? If it is like a dog? Shouldn't you ahve to pick up after it? If it is like a bike, shouldnt it not be on the sidewalk? I dont know. I will just be happy when I no longer have to deal with it daily.

A more light-hearted puzzle for ya:
Justin is twice as old as Martin was two years ago. In two years, Martin will be four-fifths of Justin's age. How old are Justin and Martin now.

No comments: