Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Yellow Pig Day!

It is also National Peach Ice Cream Day. But that is much less interesting!

Last night we went to El Vez for Sips. I do not understand people who go to Sips, at El Vez, with ALL those people and insist on wearing giant full backpacks on their backs trying to get to the bar. Take the bag off! You are hitting people with it! It is ugly! I know you have to carry lots of stuff with you. But now you are here. Take it off!

We met a pair of twins, Charlotte and Erin. They were very funny. Erin works for Project HOME so Matty talked to her. Charlotte is a teacher. So I talked to her. It was fun. They were drunk. I might have been drunk.

Then we went home for dinner. We made Summer Squash Ribbons with Basil, Oregano and Lemon. It was awesome! I had never had raw zucchini before and was a little skeptical. But it was a definite success. I served it with Italian bread. Mmmm . . .

I went down to the Mouse Colony today for the first time. Since my mouse tech is leaving soon I will be taking over the whole L1 side of the lab. Awesome. That includes taking care of our mice. So I got to go down and meet them and play with them . . . yes . . . play with them . . . for awhile. The little ones are so cute. There is totally a little runt that I want to take home as a pet. How would Matty handle that you think?

Word Ladder: Make your way from SHOE to COAT in only four steps, changing one letter at a time to make a good English word at each step.
S H O E
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
C O A T

No comments: