Monday, July 14, 2008

Herbalicious

Hey, so there is a new poll! This comes from something that Matty and I were discussing over lunch this weekend. What is your favorite herb? By this I mean, which herb do you enjoy the taste of the most in your food? Please leave comments and let us know why! Thanks! We will be discussing least favorites and spices later.

EDIT: I am sorry I meant to let you choose more than one, but now that someone has voted I can't change it. Please feel free to leave comments about all your faves!

3 comments:

Beta said...

OMG you can't make me choose just 1!!!! So I'll vote, but then I'll come back and comment with some kind of ranking.

Beta said...

Here's how I would rank:
1. basil and cilantro (tie)
3. rosemary
4. parsley (it's just so versatile)
5. mint and oregano
7. chives
8. sage
9. dill
10. thyme
11. tarragon
12. chervil, marjoram, savory (have never really used any of them. i think I was supposed to use marjoram a couple times but substituted oregano instead)

princess said...

Ok, so my ranking/thoughts are:
1) Basil, so versatile, so fresh
2) Parsley, same reasons
3) Cilantro, would be in top two but I feel like it is often overused
4) Chives, nice onion-y flavor but lighter
5) Rosemary, way underused in my kitchen
6) Oregano, I really like fresh oregano though dried is also good
7) Mint, again, I way prefer fresh over dried
8) Sage, also way underused in my kitchen
9) Thyme
10) Savory, majoram - I really have no idea about these as I have never used them, though I do have some
12) Dill, I don't mind dill but I dont want to eat straight dill and I feel like when dill is in something that is all you taste sometimes
13) Tarragon, chervil - I dont like licorice, so these pretty much lose