Thursday, June 12, 2008

Matty's Birthday

Monday was Matty's birthday.

I came into work early in order to find out what was going on with my presentation, or lack thereof. Nina had still not heard anything and was leaving messages and emails everywhere. So I did my thing. At 2:45 Nina got a call informing her that I had been put on the schedule for speak at 4:45. Now the original schedule ended at 4:30. But whatever, now I was on the schedule. And had 26 hours to put together a talk. Sigh. So scurry scurry little me and put together a . . . pretty crappy presentation. But honestly at that point, I didnt care anymore. I just wanted it over with.

When I got home we ordered Greek Lady (too hot to cook and had to pretend to practice my talk) and Matty got his presents. I got him Endless Ocean, Boom Blox, a Forschner 8" chef's knife (recommended by America's Test Kitchen), a mini food processor (because he hates cleaning the big one but I like using it, so really a present for me), a new toothbrush (his had decided to turn on in the middle of the night, waking us both up) and a Bilt stainless steel water bottle (to replace his BPA releasing Nalgene).

The rest of the evening was spent playing Endless Ocean. Which I must say, is significantly more fun than I thought it would be. It is really relaxing (except for some scary sharks) and really well done (the fish look pretty accurate). But it does have some goal oriented things to do which is nice. I totally thought you just endlessly swam the oceans and pointed at fish. But it is pretty fun. I am impressed.

Matty's birthday puzzle:
Can you find words that contain the sets of double letters below?
WW
UU
EE EE
OO KK EE

2 comments:

Beta said...

I hate Nina!!
I miss our Wii...and I'm sure it misses us. I think I would really like Endless Ocean. Nearly all of my sentences start with I.

nicole said...

dont know, vacuum, beekeeper, bookkeeper