Tuesday, June 3, 2008

And then there was Sunday

Sunday morning we were allowed to sleep until 8! Yayz! Matty's parents picked us up at 10 and we drove up to Reading Terminal and parked in the garage. We wandered around the Terminal some. Matty's mom got spices and some apples and garlic. Then we walked (shocking!) through City Hall and to DiBruno's. We got two new cheeses that I am excited about. I will elt you know how they are when we eat them. I also got myself some pepper shooters and some pepperoni. Then we decided to eat upstairs because it was easy and there and that was what Mr. Gallagher wanted. Jamie wanted a steak. Ok, no problem, Tony Luke Jrs is across the street. So he could go eat a steak, we would eat with the parents, no problem right? Except that Marisa decided that we should just leave them and all go to Tony Luke's. Just abandon them in DiBruno's to punish them for the night before. She was also in a bad mood because she had decided not to eat because her stomach had bothered her the day before and they were driving back to RI. Which is fine, but if you choose not to eat and then you are cranky because you are hungry, do not take it out on the rest of us. So finally Matty and I stayed at DiBruno's and split a half a chicken sandwich and a half of a muffaletta and a salad. Jamie got his steak. Everyone was happy. Except Marisa. Then we walked down Walnut to Naked and then back to the parking garage. Then they brought us home and finally left. It was like a huge cloud drifted away. I know that sounds horrible. But I had spent the whole weekend biting my tongue and futile-y trying to make everyone else happy. It was nice to just not anymore. I sat down on the couch and immediately fell asleep. When I woke up a few hours later Matty and I went for a walk to try to find something to prop up my chile plant which had decided to fall over. Yes, I know, pictures. They are coming. I promise. Then we picked up stuff for dinner and went home. The weather was beautiful and we were both in such better moods than we had been in since Thursday. Matty caramelized onions and then we made a pizza with a tofutti-pink sauce, sharp cheddar, leftover brats and the onions. And I made a salad. Mmmm! It was really good! We watched some Freaks and Geeks and then went to bed. Oh and I had a soda! My first fully caffeinated beverage in 3 years. And it didnt make me sick! Of course I couldnt sleep. But it didnt make me sick! I totally miss Dr. Pepper! It was so tasty! Next I have to try coffee. It would be so awesome if I could drink coffee. I miss coffee. Coffee is so good!

Last night we made Chorizo, Spinach and Chick Pea Saute which we had seen on Guy's Big Bite. We used the rest of our homemade bulk chorizo. We used 2 15-oz cans of chickpeas and only a pound of spinach since we do not have a skillet big enough for 2. We also added some crushed red pepper, cumin and paprika at the end. Then Dustyn stopped by and then we went for a walk. The weather was lovely. Just wandered around and then sat in Rittenhouse and watched a group of people play some sort of game with a kickball. Then a bug flew in my eye and I decided it was time to go home. We got home in the middle of the second period of the Pens game and ended up watching the rest of it. Almost 3 full OT periods! They totally seemed to give up after Malone got hurt at the end of the 2nd (can you imagine getting hit in the nose with a puck being shot by your own teammate . . . when you already have a broken nose!? And then coming back the next period.) Then Talbot's goal (with 34 seconds left!) to tie it up totally seemed to wake them up. But then they totally just hung on for the first OT period. The second one showed some promise. When Sykora announced he was going to score I thought he totally just killed their chances. But then Gonchar came back after missing the 3rd, 1OT, 2OT and there you go - Sykora scores in a beautiful goal halfway through the 3OT to win it! So Game 6 on Wednesday and hopefully then Game 7 on Friday.

Puzzles in next post.

No comments: