Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Longest day ever

Ever have those days that just seem to stretch on FOREVER? Today is one of those days. matty has the day off because Liam is in town. And I am trying to leave early so I can get a new license. But it is only 2! 2! I have been here for 5 hours but it seems like 13.

So Liam arrived last night without incident. Matty and I made a chili-type concoction for dinner. I started with sauteeing onion and garlic. Then I added two red bell peppers, a cubanelle pepper and 2 serrano peppers. When they started to get some color I added 2 16 oz cans of chickpeas. After a few minutes I added a bag of baby spinach. When that wilted, I added 1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes and 1 can of petite cut diced tomatoes with jalapenos. When that came to a boil I added the rest of the pork from last week. Then simmered until dinner. I served it with shredded cheddar, sour cream and chopped cilantro. Matty made cornbread. It was all pretty fantastic.

We spent the rest of the night sitting outside and just hanging out. Around 11 I decided I was done and went to bed and the boys stayed up and played with the Wii since they had today off.

I am still loving my phone.

Animal Matters
Each definition below applies to a word that begins with the name of a different animal. Can you find all three words?
1) Wrist ______ (6 letters)
2) To walk awkwardly _______ (7 letters)
3) A royal spot made famous by a musical _______ (7 letters)

No comments: