Monday, June 16, 2008

Even more!

So after dinner we walked (in the rain since we could, once again, not get a cab) back down to Houston to Parkside Lounge for the Tens of Thousands show. It was fantastic. Everyone did a fabulous job. The music is so fun! And Jeff and Kristen's parents were there. And there was audience participation! With kazoos and bubbles and slide whistles and maracas! It was just a really good time all around. I forgot to mention that during dinner I realized that I had aparently done something to my ankle. I dont remember doing anything to it. But it hurt. A lot. Just saying. After the show we went back to Queens to Jeff and Becky's and hung out there. I iced my ankle. People drank and argued and talked and listened to music and had an all around good time. Until about 3 (how does New York do this?) when we got really tired and went to bed.

Sunday we got up and hung out a bit and then went to Ovelia for brunch. I had corn flapjacks with ricotta and walnuts and homemade fantastic sausage and a bloody mary. Matty had a omelette with lots of toasted veggies and walnuts and home fries and bacon and toast and a mimosa. Huge fan of places with bloody mary or mimosa included with your meal! It was all very good. Then we took the subway to Manhattan, and got on an early bus home. My ankle was fine, a little sore, but fine until we got to Philly. Then it just decided it was done. And the pain had moved down into my foot rather than my ankle. So once we got home (it was a slow and painful walk home) we just stayed in and watched tv and had leftovers for dinner and played Boom Blox. Which by the way, is really hard! Very cool, but really hard!

Today my foot (no longer my ankle) hurts a whole lot unless it is elevated (which it isnt because I am at work). But it isnt my ankle, so I am ok with the whole thing. I am hoping that I just strained something walking around Manhattan all day. We alked almost 9 miles. And my shoes were running shoes, maybe not the best for walking. I really dont want to see another doctor. So we are taking the wait and see approach.

Puzzles for ya!
Word Ladder: Make your way from FOUR to FIVE in only seven steps, changing one letter at a time to make a good English word at each step.
F O U R
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
F I V E

Two for One: Fine the word that fits the definitions below when it's 1) a whole word 2) divided into two separate words.
1) Whole word: to think seriously about (10 letters)
2) Two words: a) short for a specific kind of food store (4 letters)
b) to scold (6 letters)


Rachel received some mone for birthday gifts. She spent half of what she had plus $5 at the local boutique, half of what was left plus $5 at the local department store and three-fourths of what was left plus a $5 tip when she got her hair done. She had no money left. How much did she start out with?

Choose the correct letter from each clue int he rhyme below, then reas the letters in order. They'll spell out the answer to the riddle.
My first is in pick and also in pay.
My second in add and also in day.
My third in fine and also in ring.
My fourth in sign and also in sing.
My last in yes you'll always find.
My whole a flower as defined.
_ _ _ _ _

No comments: