Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Eat Your Veggies Day!

My foot still hurts :-(

Last night I made a mexican veggie lasagna with zucchini, tomatillos, onions, garlic, red pepper, tomato, serrano (from my garden!), carrot, spinach, corn and mushrooms. I seasoned it with my chili starter seasoning and then added some more cumin and some chipotle powder. And right at the end when I turned off the heat I added some fresh basil (from my garden!), fresh oregano (from my garden!), fresh cilantro and the juice of one lime. Then I layered the veggies with black beans, light red kidney beans, green onions, taco cheese and flour tortillas. Then bake until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are soft. It turned out perfectly! I served it with sliced avocado and sour cream. I was very happy with it. I am getting better at timing my veggies. So I can cook everything at once but so that everything is perfectly cooked, nothing raw, nothing overcooked and mushy. I hate mushy veggies where you cant identify them by taste in something like this.

Joey came over for dinner and brought a bottle of House Wine, which I would recommend as a good red table wine. Joey is eating dairy for the time being so cooking has become infinitely easier when he comes over. So we had dinner and hung out for a bit and introduced him to Boom Blox. And discussed his life plans in which he is abandoning us to go to the big city. This makes me sad because as often as we say "it is so close", "it is so easy to get there". We never get there more than twice a year.

After Joey left I played some Boom Blox while Matty cleaned the apartment. I am getting better. At Boom Blox. Not cleaning. Obviously.

Tonight my dad is flying in for his Father's Day present. Tomorrow we are going to the Phillies-Red Sox game. Yay! This is my dad's first solo visit to Philly. Also his first time staying with us in the apartment. I think Matty is nervous. I dont know why.

I have decided to do an ipod assessment. I do this every couple of years. I am listening to my whole library in alphabetical order (currently at 4002 songs) . Will probably take me the rest of the year if I keep it up (being 11.2 days long). I am at Caress Me Down.

Puzzle:
What two six-letter words that are anagrams of each other can be used to complete the sentence below?
Many ______-to-be who had booked the catering hall for their wedding receptions drove be after the big fire to view in horror the rubble and ______.

2 comments:

nicole said...

why is matty nervous about your dad coming? has he ever met your parents? they are like the most laid back easy to get along with just want to hang out kind of people!
i'm jealous youa re going to the red sox game. i want to go. my dad is coming june 30 and we are going to tampa to see them play the devil rays for two games, so i guess thats ok....

princess said...

I think he is nervous simply because the visit with his parents went so badly. And as laid back and easy going as he is, he is still my dad. So . . . yeah. I dont know. I think it is silly.