Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ok, one quick post about some boobies

Have you seen this?

Critics a-Twitter over Meghan McCain's racy pic


Ok, so I guess Wednesday night Meghan McCain decided to curl up in a tank top and some sweat pants and get in some reading time. Who cares? Well in order to tell all of her friends she took a picture of herself and put it on Twitter. Again. Who cares? Well apparently a lot of people.
"You don't have to pull cheap gags like this to get attention. Leave this to the Paris Hiltons of the world," one of the milder rebukes went. "You knew you were posting a nearly NSFW photo, so don't pretend like you're surprised at people's reaction."
Which makes no sense to me. Who cares if she puts up a picture of herself on Twitter? I mean she isn't naked (I wouldnt even necessarily call it NSFW) and she isn't important. But what gets me is her response to the outcry.
"So I took a fun picture not thinking anything about what I was wearing but apparently anything other than a pantsuit [and] I am a slut," she wrote. ... "Seriously I was just trying to be funny with the book and that I'm a dork staying in," she wrote, later adding, "when I am alone in my apartment, I wear tank tops and sweat pants, I had no idea this makes me a 'slut,' I can't even tell you how hurt I am."
Now there is where I mark the line. I don't think people are calling her a slut because she wears a tank top around her apartment. I think people are calling her a slut because of the ginormosity of her boobs in this picture and the come-hither look accompanying them. Do I think people should give a shit about what she wears or posts on her Twitter account? No. But do I think it is fair for her to throw up the white flag of chastity and innocence? Mmmm no.

No comments: