Saturday, October 3, 2009

Two non-recipe meals.

We have those sometimes. Honest. I just have all these recipes that I want to try, it is hard so sometimes just decide not to over plan. I know, hard to believe that I would overplan. But last week we had too underplanned nights. It was largely because I was working late and Matty was making dinner and he is much more apt to just cook. And not be obsessed by the recipes. So one night we made grilled cheeses using our Rachel Ray panini pan. We had ciabatta rolls leftover from an earlier meal (composed of olives and cheeses from the new Olive Bar at the Superfresh on South. It is so nice now). And we used manchego, shredded taco cheese and cheddar. Matty makes the best grilled cheeses. My contribution was to buy a an of Campbell's tomato soup. Grilled cheese and tomato soup with Cheez-its. A delightful meal.

Matty also made another dinner last week. He made a veggie frittata (zucchini, red peppers that he roasted in the oven and asiago). We had a side of sausage from our favorite Amish people at Reading Terminal, L. Halteman Family. They were a little salty. But I think matty may have added some breakfast seasoning which may be the culprit. It is nice having lefover frittata around. I had that for breakfast two mornings this week since I was running low on cereal and milk.

No comments: