Friday, May 23, 2008

Oh and one more thing

So this was the actual reason for blogging today so of course I forgot it. Matty has been turning on CNN when he gets home. Probably because I was mad at him that he didnt know what was going on in the world. But I have totally turned into my mother when watching the news. I yell at the TV. I do. I dont mean to. But it makes me so angry. And since Matty is anti-confrontational I dont think he likes me yelling at the TV. So I am going to try to yell here instead. We will see what happens.

The thing that I have been yelling and blustering the most about lately is Hillary. Now I have a hundred reasons why. But the one that really gets me (besides her killing the party and our chances for the November election) is her insistence on counting the Michigan and Florida primaries or for the DNC to seat the delegates. This is so absurd that I dont understand why she is even allowing herself to say it out loud. never mind why it seems like people agree with her. Now if you live in Florida and Michigan, I am sorry. Your votes should absolutely have been counted. You should be allowed should make a difference. HOWEVER! Your STATES decided that your voices would not be heard and your votes to not be counted. They were warned of the consequences. And they moved the primaries anyway. You cannot change the rules in the middle of the game. You just can't. Maybe the DNC should have allowed new primaries. Maybe. But to suggest that you can include results the voters were told that their votes wouldn't count. That is simply absurd. How many people who would have voted if they thought it mattered actually voted? And how many people who were so upset at their own states didnt vote. Or couldnt take time out of work and so didnt vote. Or couldnt find child-care and so didnt vote. Because they were told that their votes werent going to be counted. And dont even get me started on Michigan. She was the only candidate on the ballot!

Ugh! Ok. I will stop. Hopefully this will stop me from yelling at the TV about this for a little while.

2 comments:

nicole said...

I totally absolutely 100% agree. Florida decided to change their primaries, we lost our delegates. many people did not vote becasue of it. it is NOT fair to count the votes when many people stayed home becasue hteir votes wouldnt count. it wouldnt be fair to the voters of florida if they counted the votes. ugh, i definately agree. hillary makes me uncomfortable, and becasue of her we will probably be stuck with W Bush 2.0 next election with McCain

Cite said...

Yeah, its pretty disgraceful how she flaunts these two states as her battle cry to "make sure every vote counts." Her stance would be strengthened if she was more truthful about it; less "no voter disenfranchisement" and more "we messed up by leaving people out and need to compromise to make them happy." I understand the importance of including those votes, but she has to acknowledge that counting them the way they are is petty and unfair.

unrelated: at least 50% of the time I can barely read the code I have to enter to make a comment.