Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy National Dance Like a Chicken Day

Well then. Yesterday a plumber was coming to the house to supposedly cut an access hole in our living room ceiling (right over the record player if you know the place), repair the leak from our shower and tada! No more leak and we would have to deal with a small hole for awhile. Right. So when we got home to find a giant (ok, not giant, but large) hole in the ceiling, one of our recessed lights hanging by its wires due to the lack of ceiling around it and a bucket on the floor, but no note or message of any kind. We were a bit concerned. When the drip was still there this morning we were a bit more concerned. So, yeah. Big hole in the ceiling. Still dripping. Gross bucket on the floor. Drywall dust on bookcase. Furniture in disarray. And the tupperware I was using to catch the drip? Missing. At least it wasnt my good tupperware. Yes. I have good tupperware.

Last night we had pork carnitas nachos. Multigrain and flaxseed chips, corn, black beans, salsa, cheddar, queso iberico, and Trader Joes prepackaged pork carnitas. After dinner we played Smash Bros. We have now put in almost 8 hours towards the adventure game, The Subspace Emissary, and we have just hit 50%. Which is impressive since it is obviously not the main purpose of the game.

Today I went to see David Baltimore talk. He is the 6th Nobel Laureate (possibly 7th) I have seen speak. First was Al Gore back at Pitt, Andy Fire who I saw at Pitt before he won, then Paul Lauterbur at my Pitt graduation, then Michael Brown at the 2006 CAMB Symposium, then Desmond Tutu on the Semester at Sea reunion and now David Baltimore. I think there was another one a few years ago, but I cant remember. He gave a really good talk, though you can tell he isnt in the lab much anymore. I am trying to see as many Nobel Laureates as I can. Can't hurt right?

My mother's wedding guest list. For my wedding. That isnt being planned yet. Is up to 114. Sigh. She only thinks about 100 would actually come though. I told her to start alienating friends and family immediately.

Puzzle: Tricky Age Four words with "age" in them fir the definitions below. All words are at least six letters long.
a) The safekeeping of goods
b) Wild
c) Slaughter
d) A vehicle

4 comments:

nicole said...

114 people so far?? ugh, does that include anyone YOU want to attend?? how about eloping to vegas? we'd love to take a trip out there!! thats what we wouldve done had i not been 8 1/2 months pregnant!

Beta said...

Wow! That was some fast turnaround w/ the myspace/blogger switch. I'm impressed. Welcome!

nicole said...

114 people? thats all? :) are any of these people ones YOU actually want there? not that it matters, its not like its your wedding!! :)
elope to vegas, we need a vacation (but not yet, we dont have the money to go!)

princess said...

I would say that a significant number of the 114 I would want there. It is just scary to think about having a 250 person wedding. I never really considered a 250 person wedding. And I am not even engaged. Which means I am not supposed to be worrying about this wedding yet. That is the whole point of not getting married until I graduate. That and being able to put Dr. on the invitations. And it will be MY wedding. Or I will elope.