Friday, March 13, 2009

Hoppin' John and some pics

Ok so first, some pictures from this weekend skiing.
























Aren't we just fucking adorable?

Ok, last night we had new Eating Well recipe number 4 for dinner. Black-Eyed Peas with Pork and Beans. It is kind of a take on Hoppin' John. It was pretty damn tasty. I have a few suggestions. Firstly, I would use ground pork next time since I felt like I was eating pork and then rice and not really pork and rice together. And I think we would use mustard greens next time instead of kale. We used white rice because we had it and I actually thought it was brown. I would also add another half to full tablespoon tomato paste. And we both think it should have a little more spice. The smoke paprika was great, but we had smoked sweet instead of smoked hot. So next time I would either add some crushed red pepper or some chipotle chili powder (so you get some more smokiness). But over all it was pretty tasty and we would make it again. It was really easy and fast as well and made enough for 2 dinners and 2 lunches. The top picture is what it is supposed to look like and the bottom picture is what it did look like. Pretty close in my opinion. I am going to start trying to do this when possible for recipes since I know it is helpful to know what it is is supposed to look like. Though it is easiest (and therefore more likely that I will do it) to take the pics with my phone and therefore the pics are gonna kind of suck. Sorry.

No comments: