Friday, March 6, 2009

Happy National Frozen Food Day!

3 posts! In one day! Just thought I would throw in a bit of an update since it is Friday and I dont have anything to do since something actually worked for me this week! and because we are going away this weekend to New Hampshire to go skiing! Yay!

Ok, so let's see, I was sick all last week which was awful but am doing much better now.

We had a busy week this week and I was sick last week and the previous week we were busy with Mardi Gras prep. So we havent been doing any creative cooking, but more will be coming soon I promise.

My parents may have bought a new boat! The survey is next weekend and then the decision date is the 19th. A big day for lots of people as it is also residency Match day, so everyone keep your fingers crossed for my parents and also for Beta!

Last night we went to the Flyers-Sabers hockey game. The Flyers got trounced. But we had a good time. At least partly because we were in the All-You-Can-Eat section which is a great and awful idea. All you can eat hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, soda and ice cream.

Hmmm . . . that might be all.

I am going to try my hand at talking about the economy in the near future I think. We will see. I highly recommend everyone to check out the The American Life episode - Bad Bank. It is available for free on iTunes and other places for the rest of the week, then it is $.95 and totally worth every penny. I would also highly recommend Another Frightening Show About the Economy which aired in October. The episodes are free to stream. I would also vicariously recommend the the Plant Money podcast. I havent heard it much myself, except the pieces that work their way into This American Life and NPR's Story of the Day. But what I have heard is fantastic. They do a most excellent job of distilling this terrifyingly complex and jargon-y topic into an easily digestible discussion that is equally terrifying for a completely different reason.

No comments: