Thursday, July 9, 2009

Some other stuff

Ok, so I am kinda dying with this headache and cant concentrate on actual work but feel like I should at least be here until 4. Sooooo . . . a couple of things that have come up recently. I am just gonna throw some stuff out there and maybe I will actually get some discussion in the comments? Ha! Yeah, I know, but I am gonna throw it out there anyway.

1) Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina should step down from office. No no. Not step down. He should be kicked out of his office. Kay? I said it. I don't care that he cheated on his wife. I mean, I care for other reasons which I will get to. Give me a minute. Ok, so he cheated on his wife, this probably says something about his character blah blah blah. He is a politician through and through, I think that says a lot more about his character. But 1) he left the state, without telling ANYONE (supposedly) where he was going. Now I do not know what governor's do day-to-day but I am guessing he isnt acutally needed in his office every moment. But! It seems like in case of an emergency, SOMEONE should know where he is. Or at least when he will be back? 2) He hired a bunch of misfits to run his office that cant come up with a decent alibi for their two-timing boss and are too stupid to know when to keep their mouths shut. 3) Spent tax payer money to visit his mistress in Argentina. It isnt like the state paid the bill on a trip to Applebee's here. I am guessing that philadering in Argentina ain't cheap. But he isnt going to be asked to step down officially. He is going to be censured. Why is he only being censured? Because
"some said if Sanford were to step down, the move would splinter the GOP by helping his replacement, Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer, in the 2010 campaign for governor."
What?!?!!? Excuse me? I mean honestly? This is what state politics are aren't they? And let me get back to the other thing. The whole cheating thing. Jenny Sanford has every right to be embarrassed and upset. I felt for her, I did. It must suck for your marriage to go down in flames in the national media. But then she says things like this little piece of bullshit:
“Of course I’m not saying that Mark is gay,” Sanford said, “but he may as well be. The moral decay in this country has claimed another victim and this time it was my family. Our marriage was perfect until these laws started passing around the country. Clearly the slow dissolution of the sanctity of marriage in America seeped into Mark’s psyche until he no longer felt compelled to abide by our vows.”
I am sorry. Say what no? You are actually saying. Out loud. That your asshole of a husband cheated on you because gay marriage bills were being discussed in other parts of the country. Honestly? What The Fuck. That is just about the stupidest thing you could have said . . . oh wait . . .

2) Sarah Palin should not be allowed in a public office ever again. Not that she shouldnt be allowed to hold one, she shouldnt be allowed in one. She shouldnt be allowed to run her family never mind anything of actual significance to the rest of us. Supposedly she has no job lined up to take after abandoning the one she already had. The one she was elected to. The one she swore an oath to uphold and complete to the best of her ability? The one she ran on for VICE PRESIDENT that made her an expert on foreign policy? That one. What was it again? Oh that is right. Governor of Alaska. Supposedly she
"is resigning because of her combative relationship with the state legislature and because of the distractions and costs of fighting off numerous ethics complaints"
Now it sounds to me that if she can't get along with her legislature and she has been accused of unethical actions to the point that it is damaging the state, maybe instead of being allowed to run away she should be kicked out of her office. But honestly, I dont see that happening. I don't see the "pit bull in lipstick" running away because she is hurting her state. I see her deciding that her job was hard and that she couldnt just have her way and thinking that it would be better to walk away "gracefully" instead of finishing a lackluster-at best term as governor. Because now she has all this time to campaign for all of her GOP friends. Right? And of course there is her book deal. Those things are so much more important for a bid for the presidency right? You know, as opposed to actually running a state or anything. She is a disgrace. But, i guess luckily for us, she is another GOP one.

Ok, enough rants for today.

No comments: