Monday, February 16, 2009

I got a snuggie!

Yes I am happy about this.

Unless you have been living under a rock, you know what a Snuggie is. It is a blanket. With arms. Or a shapeless robe you wear backwards. It is similar to, but far less expensive than, a Slanket. It also has a better name. The first time I saw the Snuggie commercial:

my first response was: Wow, that is ridiculous. My second thought was: I totally want one. Now some caveats. 1) I would never wear a Snuggie out of my own home. 2) We do not turn on our heat very often. Unless it is a special occasion or one of us is sick, or we have company the heat is not turned on in the apartment unless it is below 55. Inside. And even then, the max we turn it to is 65. Maybe 70 if we are feeling decadent. We often wear our hats inside. As well as sweaters, blankets, slippers and sometimes gloves. We are cheap people. We also grew up in households that were always cold. Many of you can attest to this. So it makes sense to me to be able to be wrapped up in a blanket but still able to eat dinner. Or change the channel on the TV. Or type. (I have special fingerless gloves for this. Thanks Beth!)

So when I found out that Matty's father had asked him if he should buy me a Snuggie for Christmas and Matty said No, I was a little upset. I mean, I wanted a Snuggie. I put it on my Amazon wish list! This has come up in conversation several times recently and so, because my friend Dan thinks I am awesome (and it makes for an easy birthday present), he bought me a Snuggie this weekend. So I am now the owner and wearer of a Snuggie. It is warm. It should not be worn while walking around unless you are 7 feet tall, otherwise you will probably trip over it. Especially on stairs. I am fine though. So thank you Dan for buying me a ridiculous As Seen on TV item that I will happily use in our frigid apartment.

1 comment:

Beth said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/01/fashion/01snuggie.html
They say 'warm' and 'totally' a LOT!